Income Tax

Income Tax Tips

  • Did you know that the annual interest paid on the money you borrow to invest in a non-registered investment could be used as a deduction on your tax return?
  • Do you have a parent living with you? You might qualify for the caregiver credit on your personal tax return.
  • Did you know that charitable donations over the past 5 years may be claimed on your 2016 tax return?
  • Your family's out of pocket medical expenses should be claimed by the spouse with the lower income.
  • An RRSP contribution at the earliest age will increase your potential return on money invested.

Income tax services are available for individuals .

Tax returns can be prepared and e-filed. Experienced tax consultants ensure that returns are accurately prepared and screened for all tax deductions, exemptions, and credits using the most up-to-date computer programs.

Expert advice is available on RRSP limits, contributions, and income splitting at Community Credit Union.

To speak with a tax specialist call Marystown at 709-279-3510, or Hermitage at 709-883-2135.